To be frank, I’m not entirely sure what an alternate does. It sounds like they have two roles. One is as back-up voters for the delegates (to vote for the Pres. and VP nominees). The other is to serve on one of the four committees.
By definition, an alternate will serve when a delegate cannot. Perhaps they go in order of number of votes received – meaning the one with the most votes the first back up. Or maybe they are each assigned to a delegate.
These points seem a little insignificant in the larger scheme of things, so I did not pursue them with anyone. If it is of concern to you, I’d recommend contacting the National Convention or the Lehigh County Republicans.
The same criteria you use to select a delegate should be applied to the alternates as well.
Follow the links to view the full Alternate Delegate research or summary version.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment